[Rhythmbox-devel] iTunes style search functionality

Hello...

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I couldn't find it
mentioned in the archives.

I was thinking that in addition to the drop down selector for Artist,
Album etc. (that has been mentioned) it would be nice to have the itunes
style search feature.

That is if the search box contains more than one word, those words are
searched for independantly and the overlapping results displayed.
I found this method tremendously intuitive and allowed very rapid access
to songs with very small search entries.

I felt the realtime updating of the results provides a unique ui
experience - one can search for things incredibly quickly by adapting
the entry you are typing to further narrow the results that are
appearing.

It would be great to see this in rhythmbox!

Robin