Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Jukebox playlist

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 12:12, Gisli Ottarsson wrote:
> I've looked at the mock-up in http://web.rhythmbox.org/uidesign/ and I
> must admit that I don't quite understand it.  What is being listed in
> the large pane on the bottom?

It basically acts like the current Rhythmbox browser does now.

> Is it all the available songs or only
> songs in the jukebox-playlist?

All available songs.

> If only one or the other is displayed,
> doesn't that preclude the idea of dragging songs from the list of songs
> to the jukebox list.

The play queue replaces the browser when you drop it down.  So you can
easily drag back and forth.

> In general it seems to me that proposed change is too great and I think
> it would be a mistake to move Rhythmbox in the direction of Muine.
> Muine is a fine product with many nice features (I love the album
> covers)  but it is missing a lot of things which make Rhythmbox great.

Let me clear up one thing - this isn't really related to Muine.  XMMS
has had a queuing model forever, and it's the XMMS use case that I
really want to handle.  Currently in Fedora we ship both XMMS and
Rhythmbox, for various reasons, but I think the main reason is that XMMS
has the queueing UI that some people really want.

> My all means, please don't remove the search field.

Yeah, I really want to add it back.

> If removing the Sources list is being considered (could it be moved to
> a pulldown menu instead like a Bookmarks menu?) then it seems that the
> pane previously used for the sources list could now become the
> jukebox-playlist.

Hm, interesting idea, but I don't think there's enough space there for
having both the browser and the play queue side by side.  I think we
still want columns like the rating, etc in the play queue so people can
easily rate the playing songs.