Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Jukebox playlist

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 05:08, Jacob Emcken wrote:

> Why not make i a source where you could drag songs to?

The short answer is because I'd like to move away from Sources.  Or at
least try really hard to.

> I thought that you could make the context menu (right mouse click menu)

Let's not discuss context menus now - as I said in another mail, I want
Rhythmbox to be very usable without ever touching a context menu.

> I like the idear to se the number Rhythmbox would like to play next time
> but not the idear that it should take up extra space in the UI.

It wouldn't be very much space normally.  Not much more really than a
single song line in the browser.

> What is the difference between Shuffle and the jukebox functionality?
> What if when you check the shuffle checkbox Rhythmbox uses the jukebox
> playlist (or we could call it shuffle playlist).

Well I was thinking that shuffle would become an action in the Auto Play
mode.  So you'd pick a list of songs, and hit Shuffle, and the order
would be randomized.

> I think that when you double click on a song in the Music library it
> should start playing right away (not being added to the queue).

Well, if your current queue is empty, then it would be played right
away.

> For ease of use we could ad at Ctrl + Mouse double click

Let's try to avoid requiring stuff like that :)

> The search bar isn't needed in the jukebox play list is it?

I want it - just need to find a good place for it in the UI.