Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Jukebox playlist

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Colin Walters wrote:

> http://web.rhythmbox.org/uidesign/
>
> I think the overall key idea is that I really like the browser
> interface, and we should focus a lot on that.
>
> The proposal above leaves a lot out (including the search bar I just
> noticed).

Dude, you removed every feature I use and kept all the features I don't
use.

This proposal does make rb look very much like Muine in fact (IMO of
course). With the main difference being that it doesn't use a different
window for playlist addition but puts it in the lower part of the window.
Which is probably why that new proposal doesn't suit the shuffle people in
here.

That said, I think the best approach would be to add a tree view where you
have your pulldown box that always displays the Jukebox playlist. I
think I'd make it 3-5 songs high. Then make the jukebox playlist just a
different playlist. Make it possible to hide that widget just like it's
possible to hide the browser. Don't hide it by default. Double click
enqueues to jukebox, if jukebox is empty select a new song from the
current library just like you do select new songs currently.

And give me my search box back. ;)
Oh, and the position slider, too.

Benjamin