Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] (announce) rb-cd-burner 0.2

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 10:01 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 07:59, Ross Burton wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 17:45, Mark Roach wrote:
> > > For anyone who is interested, I have uploaded a new version (0.2) of
> > > rb-cd-burner to http://okmaybe.com:8000/~mrroach/rb-cd-burner/
> >
> > Typical -- just as I finally started porting my ancient CD burning patch
> > to the latest Rhythmbox, someone else went and released their own
> > version. :)
> >
> > Maybe we should integrate -- my code uses nautilus-cd-burner to do the
> > actual writing, and uses a gstreamer pipeline which (should) deal with
> > all formats (although there was a problem with forcing the data to
> > 44.1khz, but that was a *long* time ago).

I have no doubt that yours will gain little to nothing from any of my
code (especially since it's all in python). I am also using gstreamer,
but am too dense to figure out the autodetection stuff (ok, and lazy
too).

> > Also, my code is a patch to Rhythmbox (cannot be used stand-alone) and
> > is obviously written in C.

> The fact that it's integrated in Rhythmbox directly is a definite plus.

Agreed, I consider my stuff an interim solution, written to make my wife
happy :-)

-Mark