Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] (announce) rb-cd-burner 0.2

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 07:59, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 17:45, Mark Roach wrote:
> > For anyone who is interested, I have uploaded a new version (0.2) of
> > rb-cd-burner to http://okmaybe.com:8000/~mrroach/rb-cd-burner/
> >
> > This version features 36% less stupidness than the previous. It actually
> > uses the gtk mainloop, detects burners, checks playlist length, and is
> > generally pretty useful for at least myself :P
> >
> > Included is a patch to rhythmbox to add a "Burn audio cd" menu item, but
> > this is not required to use the software, just have gst-python installed
> > and run "rhythmbox-cd-burner.py playlist"
>
> Typical -- just as I finally started porting my ancient CD burning patch
> to the latest Rhythmbox, someone else went and released their own
> version. :)
>
> Maybe we should integrate -- my code uses nautilus-cd-burner to do the
> actual writing, and uses a gstreamer pipeline which (should) deal with
> all formats (although there was a problem with forcing the data to
> 44.1khz, but that was a *long* time ago).
>
> Also, my code is a patch to Rhythmbox (cannot be used stand-alone) and
> is obviously written in C.

Does it do the writing in Rhythmbox itself?
Where's the code? (probably in the same place as my Audio CD Burner...
on your laptop (not that my code's on your laptop, but you see what I
mean ;)).

The fact that it's integrated in Rhythmbox directly is a definite plus.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>
The thunder was ominous sounding, much like the sound of a thin sheet of
metal being shaken backstage during the storm scene in a play.