Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] xine metadata, and iPod HAL support

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 14:14, Mark Humphreys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one.

Right here!  I've got one too.  It's just a USB drive when it's mounted
right.

Too bad the new firmware has been delayed.  :(

> I have started an attempt to build a gnome-vfs module that reads the
> database. I can get a list of the files, its just as matter of
> presenting it. Once this is done, I may try and have a look at the ipod
> source and having go at an iriver source, hey it beats big brother!

I'd love to see the iriver use RB, but I think it might take some
firmware hacking to have it update the DB every time a song is played,
but that would be the ultimate.  I'd take it just mounting the iRiver
and letting me transfer songs back and forth between my machine and my
player.

I'm offline for the summer, but where can I find out about your progress
when September rolls around?

Cheers,
Chris
--
Software Engineering IV,
McMaster University

09:45:51 up 17 min, 1 user, load average: 0.14, 0.31, 0.28