Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Proposal for first-generation Musicbrainz integration

Colin Walters wrote:

> I'm not dead set on this approach or anything.  I just don't want to add
> tagging at the cost of making the current Rhythmbox UI worse.

I think it would be possible to get away with a UI very similar to the
existing Properties window.

When multiple tracks are selected in the track list, and the user
brings up the Properties window, show a "multiple track properies"
window instead of the existing one. This window would show aggregated
data and allow tag editing across all of the selected tracks.

This tag editing behaviour is basic but would be very useful, allowing
people to easily fix the artist|album|year|genre|whatever of an
arbitrary number of tracks, which I think is and will continue to be a
common gripe.

-mike

--
Mike Gratton <http://web.vee.net/> <jabber:mjg@jabber.vee.net>