Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] yet another new mockup (meta)

/me de-lurks

Mark wrote:

> The downside of it is, that it adds some visual noise:
>> http://server204.serverflex.de/Screenshots/rhythmbox-meta2.png
>> I'm undecided weither I like this better or not.
> This totally gets my vote. The hide/reveal arrow just makes so much
> sense for the browser. And I've changed my mind about the meta-button,
> If we can pull off having text in it then this is a major advantage.

As someone who uses net-RB 5-10 hours a day, I must say I vastly prefer
this over some of the others as well.

The only suggestions I would make would be to:

a) make shuffle and repeat standard toggle buttons (a 'la iTunes) rather
than checkboxes. Use an image with non-priority text beside it for the
label. Checkboxes seem to be more artifacts of dialogs and preference
windows than an application's main window.

b) make displaying the meta-button a pref - I'll never use it and would
much prefer the screen space instead. The toolbar is already cramped
enough and will be vastly better for songs with long names and for using
the seek slider without that button.

I'd really prefer to have the shuffle and repeat toggle buttons on the
toolbar, but not at the cost of a cramped track name and seek slider.

/mike

--
Mike Gratton <mike@vee.net>
   I want you to know, he's not coming back.