Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] monkey-media future

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 12:48, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> > - metadata retrieval
>
> It's there in some way for the currently being played stream, and will
> also be in the object. It doesn't do writing though. But I hope Thomas
> will clear that for us soon with his own library.

This is a blocker for Rhythmbox at least; we need to be able to retrieve
metadata even for non-playing streams.  This is used while loading the
library, for example.

> The main point of the "new design" is to:
> - remove X deps when not needed (no visible video output, music playback
> without visualisation) -> Object
> - headers/API cleanups

What I mainly want to see is something sort of like monkey-media, with
its separated playback and metadata retrieval GObjects, but with the
visualization features of BaconVideoWidget.