Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] monkey-media future

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 17:52, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if anyone else out there besides us actually uses
> monkey-media?  If not, I am thinking about sucking it into the rhythmbox
> tree (again :)).  It's just easier on people to have one tarball to
> download, and less maintenance overhead for me.  Plus, we do want
> monkey-media to go away eventually once GStreamer gets the required
> features.
>
> I'm not going to do this right away, but if there are no objections or
> whatever it'll probably happen next week sometime.

Nobody uses it apart from us. The only really interesting thing in
monkey-media is the metadata reader/writer.

I actually wanted to use the BaconVideoWidget (or the planned
BaconVideoObject) inside Rhythmbox, probably having Rhythmbox depend on
libbacon. That would allow both Totem-gst and Rhythmbox to actually grow
and make a widget that would be usable by the wider range of developers.

That's why I'd like some comments on the API and current featureset of
the video widget.

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>