Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] cover art

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 02:31:32PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > > Do you have documentation for this XMLRPC interface? I'd be interested
> > > in hacking something indeed :)
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/102-2403965-1382525?node=3435361o
>
> s/o$//g :)
>
> So:
> 1) get metadata from the mp3s inside a directory
> 2) get the cover sheet for this metadata from amazon
> 3) set the album cover for the directory itself

This would be awsome.  Will work great as long as people keep
separate album in each directory.  Perhaps for cases with mixed
albums in a folder nautilus could offer a context menu item to
"set folder icon based of metadata of this mp3"

> Might think of adding some more of this directly into sound-juicer for
> example, so that the covers are saved inside the mp3 itself.

Yup, that's certainly an option.  But then we end up with a copy
of the album art in every track, which isn't that much space to
waste, but you have to update all ID3s of all the tracks when you
set the album art...  and extending ID3v3 tags means rewriting
the whole file IIRC.

Slightly off topic: Does sound-juicer write the CDID to the ID3
tag?... that would be sweat.. i think there is a tag specially for
this.  That way I can do ripping when offline and rb or sound-juicer
can download metadata based on the CDID later on.

> I'll just toy with it for now.

I just tried it and the XML over HTTP interface work like a
treat.  Super simple.  No need for SOAP just send a URL encoded
request and pull out the jpg URLs for the cover images.

--
sam clegg
:: sam@superduper.net :: http://superduper.net/ :: PGP : D91EE369

PGP signature