Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] cover art

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 14:11, Sam Clegg wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 07:44:57PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > >
> > > I agree... my app will be for laying out your album covers
> > > on the desktop (imagine your desktop as a patchwork of your
> > > favourite albums).  Also, I'm going to put the cover art download
> > > logic (the SOAP calls to amazon) in there for now.  This can
> > > be moved into rb if people want this feature.
> >
> > Do you have documentation for this XMLRPC interface? I'd be interested
> > in hacking something indeed :)
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/102-2403965-1382525?node=3435361o

s/o$//g :)

> Do you want to build this into rb?  Would be a great idea I
> think.  Might be easier to develop it in python first (don't
> know if gtk+ has SOAP support at all?).

I was actually thinking of a perl script, and the nautilus-metadata hack
(allows you to change things like icons for folders and stuff).

So:
1) get metadata from the mp3s inside a directory
2) get the cover sheet for this metadata from amazon
3) set the album cover for the directory itself

Might think of adding some more of this directly into sound-juicer for
example, so that the covers are saved inside the mp3 itself.

I'll just toy with it for now.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault