Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] node tree structure

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 13:57, Jorn Baayen wrote:

> Well, you cant expect to generate two very different structures with one
> piece of code.

I guess that's just the thing.  I don't really see them as having two
different structures; just different properties.

> It supports 'multiple levels/layers', and all properties, perfectly
> fine, and I don't think it's complex at all - not sure how I could make
> it easier. Just read that code man ;)

The node filtering isn't the complex part, it is all the tree structure
stuff.

> Yeah, let's have people install some sql first. Yay.

All we would be doing is adding a dependency on the SQLite library; it
doesn't require root privileges to set up or anything.  SQLite just uses
a flat file, and provides SQL as a query language to search data in that
file.  SQLite isn't like PostgreSQL or MySQL.  It's much more like
BerkeleyDB with a query language.