Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Yet another user interface proposal

Hey,

The code in the old rb indeed causes a *lot* of code dup, and it is a
mess - and very hard to change and fix bugs. So starting with code base
reasons I'd not want to continue with it, and also I installed walters'
tarball today and.. I am quite shocked really how crappy the old UI is.
Buttons that change between pause/play and stop, same buttons behaves
very differently depending on the situations, playing view unclarity,
etc.

At least I will not work on that any longer, sorry.. I really feel it a
waste of time.

I had a new ui idea though, based on the glade file Luca sent.. I guess
I'm on crack, but I'm posting it anyway:
http://nl.linux.org/~jorn/Files/crackhack.png
The idea is that you have the main window with a playlist (playlist
it via the '+' button. I added an arrow next to it, so that you can also
chose an 'add song' button to add single songs. As you can see, it's
pretty much entirely different from what we have now. I haven't thought
to iradio yet, though...
I guess this design would work very well for me, since I mostly play
whole albums, and occasionally I want to listen to a single song. Now I
can just click '+', type the name of the album i want, hit return and
i'm playing it. But I'm not so sure this design will work very well for
single-song people..

This design is also, in a sense, similar to xmms: in xmms, at least that
is what i did, i have all of my music loaded. When i want to play
something i press 'j', gives me the jump to dialog, and i type the name
of the album or song I want. So very much like this one, except that
instead of jumping you add stuff to the playlist here: which gives us
the queuing we want.

Cheers
Jorn