Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] My experiences with 0.4.99.1

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 20:58, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 22:18, Joshua Haberman wrote:
>
> > I submitted a patch a month or two ago fixing both these issues.  I
> > didn't follow up on it enough to get it accepted but I want to try again
> > at some point.
>
> Could you put this in bugzilla with a PATCH keyword so it doesn't get
> lost?

In spite of it being a bad implementation?

Here are the defects:

- only works with local files
- opens/closes the file for every tag asked of it

Here are the solutions to those defects:

- use a different API that allows you to define i/o callbacks instead of
the one that requires you to give it a local filename
- read all tags and header information when the object is constructed,
and read the tags out of memory when they are requested, as opposed to
opening and closing the file each time to read the info.

Josh