Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] prerelease: Rhythmbox 0.4.99.1

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 01:29, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 23:39, Mason Kidd wrote:
>
> > Hey, nice job, looks great!  I definitely like the layout of the UI,
> > it's very usable, the best parts of Net-Rhythmbox, plus more.  I think
> > that having the sidebar be icons and titles instead of the "Outlook"
> > like icons is much more usable, as I like to make lots of playlists.
>
> Cool, glad you like it.
>
> > One thing that doesn't work, and I don't know if this is a bug or if it
> > is meant to do this, but when it started up and I pointed it to my music
> > collection folder, it only added the files that were in that folder, it
> > didn't recursively add everything.  I tried adding a couple more folders
> > after it started up, but that did the same thing. This is functionality
> > that I definitely think should be in there.
>
> That would be a bug, but I can't reproduce it.  I just nuked
> ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox, reset /apps/rhythmbox/first_time_flag, and gave it
> /media/music as the path in the druid, and it correctly added all my
> music.
>
> Can anyone else reproduce this?
Ok, did those two things, and I was still seeing this behavior.  I moved
all of the files that were in the base directory to somewhere outside of
my library, and tried it again, and now it's working.  One of those
files must be corrupt.  The process that add files must have gotten
locked up after hit that file as well, which is why trying to add other
directories didn't do anything.  So after I figure out which file is
bad, how can I go about debugging the process that got hung on this
file?
--
Mason Kidd
<mason.kidd@mrkidd.com>