Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] prerelease: Rhythmbox 0.4.99.1

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 15:26, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've made our first prerelease for the 0.5.0 series; this is *NOT* the
> final release.  We have at two known blockers for that.  The goal of
> this prerelease is to find other serious bugs that aren't yet known,
> work out any kinks in the build process, let people who were scared of
> CVS try it, etc.
>
> So without further ado:
>
> http://web.rhythmbox.org/download.html
>
> Feedback is appreciated!

Hey, nice job, looks great!  I definitely like the layout of the UI,
it's very usable, the best parts of Net-Rhythmbox, plus more.  I think
that having the sidebar be icons and titles instead of the "Outlook"
like icons is much more usable, as I like to make lots of playlists.

One thing that doesn't work, and I don't know if this is a bug or if it
is meant to do this, but when it started up and I pointed it to my music
collection folder, it only added the files that were in that folder, it
didn't recursively add everything.  I tried adding a couple more folders
after it started up, but that did the same thing. This is functionality
that I definitely think should be in there.

--
Mason Kidd
<mason.kidd@mrkidd.com>