Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] dependencies for release

Il gio, 2002-11-07 alle 09:37, MArk Finlay ha scritto:
> hey Luca,
>
> I'm in hospital ATM so i dont have access to my files, but i have a load of
> srpms

I hope you are fine. All my hospital experiences aren't so good...

A big GABBA GABBA HO

> for the various deps which i can look at you when i get back. As for rb and
> mm - there will be srpms
> of those when they are released.

well, I try a rpm-rebuild using gst*-0.4.2 (from sourceforge) and mm+rb
cvs, but:
        * some deps have different names in mdk (expecially mm BTW,
          'couse mm don't use capplet anymore, can we remove libgnomeui
          dep?) - not a real trouble, just edit .spec
        * I can't build gstreamer, 'cause there are some errors/troubles
          with docs - real trouble:-@
        * rhythmbox.spec need a "post install rule" with a
          scrollkeeper-update - semi-trouble, help works, but you
          haven't the "side pane browsable index" in yelp

Unresolved trouble: rpms build use

CXXFLAGS|CFLAGS="-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro
-march=i586 -ffast-math -fno-strength-reduce"

so I export them before compile/build all packages. Results: rb segfault
when start to play. Porkaround :-): rebuild gst* without export *FLAGS

Actually I use:
        * gstremer-0.4.2.tar.gz 	- ./configure;make;make install
        * gst-plugin		- ./configure.....
        * monkey-media_cv		- rpmbuild + rpm -i --nodeps
        * rhythmbox_cvs		- rpmbuild + rpm -i --nodeps

It seems to work. Rb just crash sometimes at song change, but I've no
idea about: crash comes from upgrading gstreamer or from *FLAGS used
from rpmbuild for rb??? I've to make some attempt.....

--
I love music, so I hate music factory

                                       RMS