Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] dependencies for release

On 08 Nov 2002 14:36:49 +0100
Luca Ferretti <elle.uca@libero.it> muttered:

> Unresolved trouble: rpms build use
>
> CXXFLAGS|CFLAGS="-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro
> -march=i586 -ffast-math -fno-strength-reduce"
>
> so I export them before compile/build all packages. Results: rb segfault
> when start to play. Porkaround :-): rebuild gst* without export *FLAGS
>

>From experience i can say that gst doesnt work well with any kind of exotic opimisations. A simple '-march -O2 -pipe' is the way to go.

> It seems to work. Rb just crash sometimes at song change, but I've no
> idea about: crash comes from upgrading gstreamer or from *FLAGS used
> from rpmbuild for rb??? I've to make some attempt.....

The only real reproducable rhythmbox crashes i have are oggs with id3(v2?) tags in them. gst-player doesn't have this problem, so i guess it's a rhythmbox thing. Ok, i guess i should have a look at it myself ;)

- foser

Gentoo GNOME Desktop Team