Re: late coming features

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 6:32 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 08:29:41AM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
First, Kalev and Richard are merging Kalev's work on moving codec (and
font, mime-handler, etc) installation support from gnome-packagekit to
gnome-software. This will let us drop gnome-packagekit for good. This
affects gnome-software, PackageKit, gstreamer and totem. Merging is
underway for this.

Does gnome-software really work on anything other than Fedora? I'm going
to push for this on Mageia, but think we need to do a bit more outreach.
Further, probably need to inform distribution-list that they need to get
gnome-software working.

I belive it works fine in openSUSE.  RPM based distros seem to be
fine, but I can't speak for Debian.  Arch for sure, it doesn't work
and thus Arch users are getting a major regression of not being able
to use gnome-software to manage software groups and so forth.  I
understand that work is continuing for integration.

Next, there is the rewrite of the gnome-shell theme into sass by Jakub
and Carlos Soriano.
[..]
I'm fairly confident that we'll ge the codec install merging done
today, but gnome-shell may need an extra day or so to sort out the
branches. Given that we've already punted on the notification redesign
once, I think we should try to get this in for 3.16.

Feature based releases is bad, but 3.16 would be boring without it, so
think it is nice.

I think people will be disappointed if we let notifications slip
another release.

Slightly concerned that Mageia 5 is still not out, so less testing from
me. Further, think also Debian isn't testing 3.15. Think with such
changes more testers would be helpful.

Ugh.

--
Regards,