Re: late coming features

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

I'm fairly confident that we'll ge the codec install merging done
today, but gnome-shell may need an extra day or so to sort out the
branches. Given that we've already punted on the notification redesign
once, I think we should try to get this in for 3.16.

The community in general has been greatly been anticipating the
notification redesign.  I think it would be worth having it for 3.16.
Of course, as Fred points out, there are things that affect docs for
this particular feature.  It might be a good idea to delay release a
week so everyone has time to prepare.  My two cents.

And I can't stress enough what Olav said, this really needs to be put
in the hands of our users, there are many things to iron out (using
the wip/fmuellner/notification-redux branch); it would be good if the
engagement team would push for that to 3.15 users (Fedora, Arch,
others?).

Also, I would prefer the contingency plan to be to delay this feature
to next release if it's not juged good enough by 3.15.92 time.

        Fred