Re: Initial List of 3.16 Target Bugs

Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
On Sun, 2014-11-23 at 22:11 +0000, Javier Jardón wrote:
But I think it would be good to ping the maintainers to suggest them
to put the GNOME target field in the bugs we think are important, so
we know which ones are willing to work on the problem for the next
release

Javier: I'm sorry, but I don't get it.

That's exactly what Allan did (thanks, Allan!):
Putting the GNOME target field in the bugs we think are important.

I've been using gnome-version to mark project level priorities. We
*could* encourage maintainers to use gnome-target to track their own
priorities...

But if I get you right you ask for some way to get feedback from
maintainers if they really plan to work on those marked tickets?

It might be good to do this - I've already had some conversations with
maintainers where they agree that a target bug is important, but don't
have the time to work on it themselves. Perhaps we could use a keyword
for this ("help-wanted"?), or just flag those bugs when we publicise
them on the mailing list.

Allan