Re: Initial List of 3.16 Target Bugs

On 21 November 2014 at 12:47, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

I've been busy putting together a list of target bugs for 3.16. You
can see them here:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?cf_gnome_target=3.16;query_format=advanced;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;bug_status=NEEDINFO

Keeping the list to a manageable size is an obvious challenge, so I've
been focusing on a subset of bugs for this initial round. This
includes:

 * The most serious/visible bugs - those bugs that really irritate
and/or detract from the overall experience in a significant way.
 * Basic content presentation - making sure that lists and grids of
content items look nice, and are loaded smoothly and neatly.
 * Out of the box experience - so that we make a good first impression.

So far there are around 20 bugs. Let me know if you think that number
is about right. We could always add more (I have a wiki page with some
candidates [1]).

Please take a moment to look over the list, and add any bugs that you
think should be on there. I'll share the list with d-d-l once the
Release Team is happy with it.

Allan

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/AllanDay/ThreePointSixteenTargetBugs

Thanks for working on this! The list looks good to me.

But I think it would be good to ping the maintainers to suggest them
to put the GNOME target field in the bugs we think are important, so
we know which ones are willing to work on the problem for the next
release

Regards,
--
Javier Jardón Cabezas