Re: Request for string freeze break

If you add a new event and saving (creating) it does not work, there is
nothing to retrieve or open anyway, plus it's not even a "saved event"
yet so the message is wrong anyway.

I think you didn't read the bug.

In some cases (Google Calendar events through CalDAV, Exchange events) can
modify the events on save, like adding alarm to it. So, at this point, the
event was saved correctly and you're with an Event editor window opened in
front of you showing the old local event. Did you get it? The event being
shown after a "Save Only", in some cases, doesn't represent the event you
already saved (because it goes to the server and, as I said above, the
server can modify this event). That's the reason why e need to retrieve
this event and show it updated to the user. But, in this process (retrieving
the component from the server) we can get some error this is the reason of
that messages.

Does it make sense for you? What do you suggest as a good error message?

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio