Re: problems with gnome-icon-theme 2.29.90

On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 12:27 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Jakub Steiner <jimmac novell com> wrote:
>
> >> - the new printer icon has excessive shadows. That is very noticable
> >> in the evolution toolbar.
> >
> > Can you provide a screenshot? I don't see any shadow related issues in
> > evolution.
> >

> I've attached one now.

Hi Matthias,

The actual shadow is rendered the same as all the rest. Maybe it's the
actual side and bottom dark plastics mimicking the popular HP inkjet
printers that you have a problem with? I on the other hand feel there's
not enough variance in the case of the evolution toolbar. Most of the
icons are quite hard to distinguish due to the repeating envelope and
paper elements. The print icon is actually quite good in that regard. As
long as people are able to figure out it's actually a printer at the
smaller sizes which is what I was worried about.

Feel free to explain what you really meant if I'm guessing wrong here.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac novell com>
Novell, Inc.