Re: problems with gnome-icon-theme 2.29.90

On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 11:13 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Hey, I've just pushed gnome-icon-theme 2.29.90 into F13. Overall, the
> new icons look fantastic, but there are a few issues that we should
> probably try to get sorted our before 2.30:
>
> - stock_person went missing, and is used (at least) by gdm. If you
> don't want to bring it back in gnome-icon-theme, we'll have to add it
> to gdm and other places that use it

Hi Matthias,
This is a very important point. I think we need to identify some of the
most useful stock icons and make sure they are in the naming spec and
the appropriate mapping exists in icon-naming-utils. This one would be a
hot candidate as social interaction is a hot topic and 'person' needs to
become a first class object on the desktop.

Rodney, would you be willing to hand over icon-naming-utils to me as
well or would you still be interested in making these changes happen?

> - there are now more 'special folder' icons in gnome-icon-theme than
> in the other themes in gnome-themes (at least user-desktop and
> folder-templates), which causes an unfortunate mix of folder icons
> when using e.g. Mist. This should be fixed by adding the same set of
> special folder icons to gnome-themes.

Taking the hard role of speaking for other people I'm sure Lapo will be
happy to add the missing bits to Mist as it's just a matter of copying
the emblems over.

> - the new printer icon has excessive shadows. That is very noticable
> in the evolution toolbar.

Can you provide a screenshot? I don't see any shadow related issues in
evolution.

thanks for the feedback!

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac novell com>