Re: Future of GNOME release sets [was: Re: TwoPointThirtyone]

Le jeudi 18 février 2010, à 16:21 +0100, Andre Klapper a écrit :
> Am Donnerstag, den 18.02.2010, 11:59 +0100 schrieb Andre Klapper:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 17.02.2010, 23:39 +0100 schrieb Frederic Peters:
> > > The new module proposal email has been sent, but shouldn't we put
> > > (again) on the agenda some way to reduce the size of our module sets?
> > > Do we want to think hard on this and activate this plan for 3.0?
> >
> > Actually I had hoped that Lucas would push this but he's probably busy
> > with lots of other stuff (e.g. website revamp and getting a child, in no
> > particular order). ;-)
>
> I've dumped a very rough initial version of my thoughts here:
> http://live.gnome.org/AndreKlapper/RedefineDesktop

Thanks. I've added the "Yet Another Solution" solution there ;-) The two
important points, from my perspective are:

 + we need to clarify what is our platform. Even if something is not
   officially API/ABI stable yet (gstreamer), it should be clear from
   the outside that it's what should be used, so it should be in our
   platform. Also putting the bindings in the platform clarifies our
   message wrt bindings.

 + split the desktop in what is really the core desktop, and what is
   "only" applications. (this was already covered in other proposed
   solutions)