Re: TwoPointThirtyone

Yo,

Am Mittwoch, den 17.02.2010, 23:39 +0100 schrieb Frederic Peters:
> > Just a note that I'm now creating
> > http://live.gnome.org/action/edit/TwoPointThirtyone and its subpages.
> > Schedule is still on the to-do list.
>
> Thanks Andre!
>
> The new module proposal email has been sent, but shouldn't we put
> (again) on the agenda some way to reduce the size of our module sets?
>
>  - platform: 21 modules,
>  - desktop: 94 modules,
>  - admin: 2 modules,
>  - devtools: 6 modules,
>  - bindings: 31 modules.
>
> The platform moduleset will shrink with the removal of deprecated
> libraries, but the desktop continues growing, to the point it is
> getting unmaintainable.
>
> What about our plans on labelling "GNOME" applications, even though
> they wouldn't be under the responsability of the release team? (and
> possibly have different release schedules, code repositories, bug
> trackers, etc.)
>
> Do we want to think hard on this and activate this plan for 3.0?

Actually I had hoped that Lucas would push this but he's probably busy
with lots of other stuff (e.g. website revamp and getting a child, in no
particular order). ;-)

So IIRC the idea was to create a "desktop-core" module that only
includes very basic desktop modules, plus a moduleset of
"desktop-approved" that can also include apps that have the same
purpose? What would the latter mean for the actual release process of
the release-team?

I'd love to see this pushed as it would solve "Rhythmbox vs. Banshee"
and other potential conflicts, but I probably neither have the time nor
the knowledge to come up with an initial plan here.

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed