session saving support status

So, session saving is back...almost..
After building gnome-session 2.25.92 earlier today, I gave the
resurrected session saving support a spin (thanks, Lucas !).

While it does in fact save a bunch of desktop files in
~/.gnome2/gnome-session/saved-session and loads them when I log in
again, it does not actually work remotely well enough to advertise
this as a 2.26 feature in its current state.

- compiz did not come back at all
- with metacity, all windows ended up crammed on one workspace
- only one of my terminal windows came back
- tomboy opens a search window (why is this applet (!) session managed
in the first place ?)
- firefox asks to restore the session instead of just restoring it
- having gedit open brings up the "app still running" dialog at logout
- gedit does not come back with previously opened files
- the "remember now" button in the capplet does nothing

Do we have hope to get any of this into working condition for 2.26 ?

Matthias