Re: Problem with gnome-terminal 2.24.1
- From: "Kenneth Nielsen" <k nielsen81 gmail com>
- To: "Christian Persch" <chpe gnome org>, "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com>, "Gnome Release Team" <release-team gnome org>, gnome-i18n gnome org
- Subject: Re: Problem with gnome-terminal 2.24.1
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:03:55 +0200
2008/10/22 Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>:
> cc'ing gnome-i18n to get feedback on what translators prefer.
> Note: we need a quick decision (in the next few hours)
> I put some comments below:
> Le mercredi 22 octobre 2008, à 11:28 +0200, Christian Persch a écrit :
>> Le Tue, 21 Oct 2008 22:29:22 -0400,
>> "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com> a écrit :
>> > Due to an incomplete regression fix from
>> > http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=548600
>> > the gconf schema shipped in gnome-terminal 2.24.1 is invalid. See e.g.
>> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=467980
>> I'm sorry about this. I wanted to be 'clever' and put in the regression
>> fix without having to do an UI and string freeze break, but that
>> evidently backfired :-(
>> > I've fixed this in Fedora by pulling in the <locale> elements from the
>> > trunk schema,
>> > which brings in a lot of strings. But those strings were present in
>> > 2.22, and building
>> > the patched package reveals that a lot of the translations are still
>> > present in the 2.24.1
>> > po files.
>> > I'd like to propose that we do the same thing (pulling in the missing
>> > <locale> elements
>> > from trunk) for 2.24.1. The possible translation regressions would
>> > only ever be visible in
>> > gconf-editor anyway.
>> Alternatively, I could take the generated schemas file from a 2.22
>> build and put them into an extra schemas file, so there
>> won't be any extra strings to translate. That would get only those
>> translations present in 2.22 the translated strings, but since they're
>> gconf only and rather dull, it shouldn't be too bad. This avoids the
>> string freeze break.
> Isn't this way a bit risky?
>> I can do a 188.8.131.52 release asap if you tell me which one you prefer.
> I'll wait for the tarball for the GNOME release.
I don't fully understand the different solutions here, but don't waste
time explaining that to me, probably somebody else will understand.
Could I just know, how many strings are we talking about, worst case
scenario i.e. for the teams that don't have any previous translations?
Regards Kenneth Nielsen
] [Thread Prev