Re: GNOME DVCS Survey

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Needless to say, feel free to fill it in.  It's in scratch mode right now.
> Minor correction, in the previous rounds, John Carr was also included in the
> discussion.

Good to know he was involved (I added him in CC), as my first
comment was about {git,bzr} mirrors, and John has been working hard
on them, and integration within jhbuild, pushed by the latest dvcs
discussion on d-d-l, and comments by zeenix.

To be honest my preference would be to keep svn as common ground and
have effective dvcs mirrors, in a setup that wouldn't hinder $dvcs
functionalities (unlike using git-svn).

Perhaps an option "svn (with effective dvcs mirrors)" could be added
to the rank ordered question.

Actually, speaking of ordered answers, perhaps question 5 could also
be converted, as
 1) I develop code,
 2) I test (other modules, even though the (d)vcs is less relevant
    thanks to jhbuild),
 3) I translate.

Anyway thanks for working on this Behdad,

        Frederic

John, copy of the previous email below: