Re: Moving Gtk2-Perl to GNOME infrastructure

Let's get going on this again.

Olav Vitters wrote:
>> Is your preference against a gnome-perl repository set in stone?  If so,
>> how do you suggest we deal with the directories I mentioned in my
>> previous mail?  To recap: we have a few things in our repository that
>> don't belong to one binding but rather to all of them:
>
> Unsure. While this layout might make sense from the possibilities of
> SVN; there will be some switch in future. Further, our infra isn't setup
> to support anything other than /branches,/trunk,/tags.

OK, I give in.  Let's use separate SVN directories for every module:

  perl-Cairo			*
  perl-ExtUtils-Depends		*
  perl-ExtUtils-PkgConfig	*
  perl-Glib
  perl-Gnome2
  perl-Gnome2-Canvas
  perl-Gnome2-Dia
  perl-Gnome2-GConf
  perl-Gnome2-PanelApplet
  perl-Gnome2-Print
  perl-Gnome2-Rsvg
  perl-Gnome2-VFS
  perl-Gnome2-Vte
  perl-Gnome2-Wnck
  perl-GStreamer		*
  perl-GStreamer-GConf		*
  perl-GStreamer-Interfaces	*
  perl-Gtk2
  perl-Gtk2-GladeXML
  perl-Gtk2-GLExt
  perl-Gtk2-Html2
  perl-Gtk2-MozEmbed
  perl-Gtk2-Recent
  perl-Gtk2-SourceView
  perl-Gtk2-Spell
  perl-Gtk2-TrayIcon
  perl-Gtk2-TrayManager

The question then is what to do about the modules marked with *.

- perl-Cairo and perl-GStreamer and friends are bindings for stuff on the
freedesktop infrastructure.  I'd still like to have them in the same place as
the rest.

- perl-ExtUtils-Depends and perl-ExtUtils-PkgConfig are build-time helper
modules that are required by every module, so I'd like to keep them in the
same place as well.

>>   docs/	- generic documentation applying to all our bindings
>>   helpers/	- helper programs to aid developing bindings

We'll just host those on the website.  They don't have to be version-controlled.

>>   Makefile	- a Makefile to build all or a subset of our bindings

Could be superseded by a jhbuild module set.

What do you think?

--
Bye,
-Torsten