Re: GMAE release suites

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 09:53 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Elijah Newren">
>
> > On 5/5/07, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> > > Should I just go ahead and create the appropriate pages and links under
> > > http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning and
> > > http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNineteen/, with liberal use of the words
> > > "draft" and "proposed"?
> >
> > Sounds good to me.  :-)  Go for it.
>
> This half-assed proposal was not done with the participation or knowledge of
> the GNOME Mobile community, and should not be accepted as representative of
> it. As founder/leader of the Mobile group, it was quite clear that I have
> been creating a complete governance/suite proposal based on the input of the
> entire community, and I suggest the release team pause to receive that. I'm
> sorry the release team has to be exposed to petty anti-social issues such as
> this.

This is insane. I have communicated repeatedly about this on the
gnome-embedded-list, receiving only encouragement, saying what we could
do, saying how I might do it, saying that I was doing it, and obviously
seeking wide agreement wherever possible. If you don't want to respond
to that then that's your problem. In contrast, you have not mentioned
any single alternative or equivalent plan, and given so sign that you
are doing anything. We cannot be expected to read your mind in the
absence of any information from you, and we cannot be expected to simply
wait for what you might have planned, in the face of prolonged
inactivity. You only actually surface for weird messages such as this.
This bizarre display of your priorities is completely irresponsible and
I cannot tolerate it any more.

We've seen this same behaviour again and again, and no amount of
repetition makes any sense of it. I withdraw my cooperation from the
GNOME embedded list though I will do my best to cooperate with the
members of that group away from your obstruction. This is deeply
unfortunate, but at this point I consider it a greater loss to even
implicitly endorse your mismanagement.

Previous members of the release team will recognize this behaviour, and
the problems which were only solved when you were replaced. These are
simple tasks that do not need to be this difficult.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com