Re: .3 releases

ons, 24.01.2007 kl. 14.56 -0500, skrev Luis Villa:
> On 1/24/07, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
> > On 1/24/07, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
> > > FWIW, as a distributor, I wouldn't ship anything except .0, since all
> > > the freezes go up in smoke after .0, making them likely to be less
> >
> > ??
> >
> > All freezes other than hard code free remain in place after .0
>
> I don't have time to drag up the old threads, but ISTR there are large
> non-bug fixes, or large under-reviewed fixes, that make it fairly
> regularly .1 releases. I'd prefer a reviews/serious bug-fixes-only
> policy for post-.0 releases.

I would too if it was feasible, but I don't think it is. We aren't even
close to getting the patches in bugzilla reviewed during the normal
cycle and I don't see people lining up to do review work anywhere :-)

That said, I just went through the release announcements for 2.16.1 and
2.16.2 and I think they look fairly conservative. Mostly crash fixes,
build fixes and other serious issues addressed.

> If that has changed while I've been out of the loop, LART me and I'll
> go away, but it has been a pet peeve for a long time.

Maybe we've all just gotten better at QA on the whole since last
time? :-)

Cheers
Kjartan