Re: .3 releases

On 1/24/07, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
On 1/24/07, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
> FWIW, as a distributor, I wouldn't ship anything except .0, since all
> the freezes go up in smoke after .0, making them likely to be less

??

All freezes other than hard code free remain in place after .0

I don't have time to drag up the old threads, but ISTR there are large
non-bug fixes, or large under-reviewed fixes, that make it fairly
regularly .1 releases. I'd prefer a reviews/serious bug-fixes-only
policy for post-.0 releases.

If that has changed while I've been out of the loop, LART me and I'll
go away, but it has been a pet peeve for a long time.

Luis