Re: Minutes of the Release-Team meeting, 2007/Jan/16

On 1/18/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
Here's a proposal, based on Andre's minutes and on the IRC log (and
probably on my opinions too ;-)). I'm sure it could do with some
proof-reading love, and I probably forgot some stuff or wrote things I
shouldn't have written... So feel free to edit and fix.

Okay.  :)  Actually, overall it looks really good.  I just have a
couple small comments.

 + devhelp
  - positive feedback from the community.

seems kind of short for the rationale.  Not sure what to add though,
the only thing I can think of would be adding an extra adjective (e.g.
"very positive..."), which seems rather uncreative and doesn't really
make it much longer.  *shrug*  Maybe just leave this as is.  :)

 + gnome-main-menu
  - mixed feedback.

It was mixed, but this gives the impression that it was about 50-50.
I don't think that's true; I think it was more in the ratio 1:2 for
the negative side from the summary I did.  Further, several of those I
counted as in favor of the proposal were either on the stipulation
that it is added as another menu option rather than replacing the
current one, while others had the opposite stipulation.  If you
include those stipulations, the amount of negative feedback for any
possible choice we could have taken to include gnome-main-menu would
have increased.