Re: Minutes of the Release-Team meeting, 2007/Jan/16

Argh, wanted to reply before going to bed, but it's starting to be late
here. Too many patches to review...

So, just two small cents from me:

Le mardi 16 janvier 2007, à 17:10, Elijah Newren a écrit :
> Cool, thanks for the work writing up all these minutes, Andre.  As far
> as the new modules announcement is concerned:
>
> On 1/16/07, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
>
> > ===================
> > 1) Proposed Modules
> > ===================
>
> For the official announcement, maybe we could just send something of the form
>
> Retracted:
>   <list of module names>
>
> In:
>   <list of module names>
>
> Out:
>   <list of module names>
>
> I think your summary overall is good, but might lead to
> misinterpretation by others by virtue of just being a summary.  For
> example, I think there were a lot more issues with gnome-main-menu.
> If people want to know the reasons for particular modules, maybe we
> should send a follow up email?  I'm not sure on this point, especially
> since it would be nice to e.g. mention seahorse as an upstanding
> citizen and example and maybe even to point out our frustration with
> gnome-main-menu not working with the community.  Maybe others should
> chime in with their opinion and suggestions or ideas.

I'd go with a short summary, organized as Elijah showed
(Retracted/In/Out), and then mentions some stuff for the In and Out
modules. We have to provide explanations, IMHO.

Also, it'd be nice to mention some of the goals we talked about (like
"fixing the seahorse vs g-k-m thing for 2.20", and I'm sure there are
some other ones I forgot).

I'm in a meeting all day tomorrow, but I can help write things down
tomorrow evening. If I don't start reviewing patches again, that is.