Re: Evolution Freeze Break Request

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 11:23 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:

> Approval 1 of 2 ONLY if view_changed_timeout_remove and
> view_changed_timeout are called in the same thread (otherwise, you might
> try to remove the same source twice, in this case, g_object_set_data
> (... , NULL) should be done before g_source_remove.

g_source_remove is done only on view_changed_timeout_remove. On
view_changed_timeout we set a NULL and we do not call the
destroynotfiers (g_object_set_data_full is not called so only the
name-value association is gone and the data still exists) . So, the old
pointer will eventually get freed only on view_changed_timeout_removed
and hence we do not run into the risk of double-free.

Sankar

 Novell, Inc.
Software for the Open Enterprise™
http://www.novell.com