Re: GNOME and GStreamer

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 11:57 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > Shall we proceed with quickly rolling things forward to 0.10 then?
>
> Given all of your feedback, I think we should.  To be safe, I ran
>  cvs tag GSTREAMER-0-10-ROOT

D'oh!

First you ask for module maintainer opinions, I raise concerns, I say
I'll look this weekend or early next week and provide feedback, and now
I'm being decided for already? Why was this raised in the first place?!
Is this pure political ego-tripping or so?

The patch will not be applied to gnome-media yet:
* I have raised concerns over the patch in the bug report; those should
be resolved first (gnome-media specific). They were very point-specific
and can easily be resolved. Problems with those points can be discussed
with me in person. Such is one of my tasks as a maintainer.
* I have raised concerns over gstreamer-0.10s readiness in general,
which requires action from my side. I will take this and report back in
a few days. This will be one of the opinions in the debate of whether to
take gst-0.10 or not in gnome as a whole. Gnome-media will naturally
conform to this decision, when the patch provided is ready and valid.

Ronald