Re: GNOME 2.12 is slated to be our worst release -- ever!

2005/9/5, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>:
> <quote who="Olav Vitters">
>
> > There are currently 21 2.12 blocker bugs in bugzilla.gnome.org;
>
> While this is extremely important, and it should be very much in maintainers
> faces [1], and I totally agree with making a strong statement in the subject
> header, please do not say "worst release ever" or similar, because it *will*
> reach the press. You can still make an impact internally, without damaging
> our external message.

Right. For those reading this subject and not understanding.. this is:
1. A way to make everyone read it fast and act
2. A joke on some programs that consider every release their best
release (probably we say that as well). Every once in a while you
should have a terrible release.

> [1] So please send these to gnome-hackers and d-d-l, not just r-t.

I wanted to make a summary out of it, saying this and this bug has to
be fixed. Everything else can wait for next release. I'll probably do
a this-release-could've-been-better message.