Re: GNOME 2.12 is slated to be our worst release -- ever!
- From: Olav Vitters <ovitters gmail com>
- To: Olav Vitters <ovitters gmail com>, release-team gnome org
- Subject: Re: GNOME 2.12 is slated to be our worst release -- ever!
- Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 06:00:30 +0000
2005/9/5, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>:
> <quote who="Olav Vitters">
> > There are currently 21 2.12 blocker bugs in bugzilla.gnome.org;
> While this is extremely important, and it should be very much in maintainers
> faces , and I totally agree with making a strong statement in the subject
> header, please do not say "worst release ever" or similar, because it *will*
> reach the press. You can still make an impact internally, without damaging
> our external message.
Right. For those reading this subject and not understanding.. this is:
1. A way to make everyone read it fast and act
2. A joke on some programs that consider every release their best
release (probably we say that as well). Every once in a while you
should have a terrible release.
>  So please send these to gnome-hackers and d-d-l, not just r-t.
I wanted to make a summary out of it, saying this and this bug has to
be fixed. Everything else can wait for next release. I'll probably do
a this-release-could've-been-better message.
] [Thread Prev