Re: Proposal for inclusion in desktop: gnome-screensaver

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 13:57 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 12:07 -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am pleased to propose gnome-screensaver for inclusion in the GNOME
> > 2.14 Desktop release.
>
> I'm in favour with a couple of notes:
>
> 1. I liked the UI for unlocking circa 0.13 much better than the current
> 2. The extra settings like DPMS need to be exposed like in xscreensaver
> or move somewhere appropriate

How about...

3. Unlocking the screen with the root password should do the same as
choosing switch users, and logging in as root. Not doing so is a privacy
and security issue, as it may allow root access to remote hosts, that
root normally does not have access to.

-- dobey