Re: Proposal for inclusion in desktop: gnome-screensaver
- From: William Jon McCann <mccann jhu edu>
- To: Rodney Dawes <dobey novell com>
- Cc: release-team gnome org, JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Proposal for inclusion in desktop: gnome-screensaver
- Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:58:04 -0400
Rodney Dawes wrote:
3. Unlocking the screen with the root password should do the same as
choosing switch users, and logging in as root. Not doing so is a privacy
and security issue, as it may allow root access to remote hosts, that
root normally does not have access to.
Surely you aren't suggesting that people log in to GNOME as root? I'm
not sure I understand the use case here.
] [Thread Prev