Re: [Off Topic] Words to Avoid "Vendor" [was Re: Questions to answer]
- From: "Richard M. Stallman" <rms gnu org>
- To: Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman Sun COM>
- Cc: release-team gnome org, jdub perkypants org, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Off Topic] Words to Avoid "Vendor" [was Re: Questions to answer]
- Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:34:02 -0500
Nearly - though any new acronym can obfuscate. For that reason, I'd
suggest going with "ISD", because of its similarity to the familiar
"ISV", at least the reader may clue in by association and context.
ISD would solve the problem equally well.
Erm, what's wrong with "developer" or "software developer"?
When there is no need to emphasize that the developer
is not part of GNOME development, those are fine.
] [Thread Prev