Re: Questions to answer

<quote who="Richard M. Stallman">

>     I would be happy to help out.  As Jonathan mentions, Murray and I have
>     been sorting through some of the issues on live.gnome.org by putting
>     together an Interface Specification that is hopefully useful to ISV's
>
> Does "ISV" stand for "Independent Software Vendor"?  If so, the term
> is often misleading, because the most important developers of GNOME
> applications--those developing free software--are mostly not vendors.

We use the term interchangably with 'third party developers', and have made
that explicit in many cases when we talk about it. OOo and Firefox also fit
into this world view as 'third party developers' or ISVs.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

       "Having strings in a language seems to be a case of premature
                        optimization." - Paul Graham