Re: John Palmieri joining the release-team
- From: "Murray Cumming" <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: "John (J5) Palmieri" <johnp redhat com>
- Cc: gnome-release-team <release-team gnome org>, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Subject: Re: John Palmieri joining the release-team
- Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:19:46 +0100 (CET)
>> Also, with Murray leaving that kind of leaves us with a void in
>> regards to the bindings release set. Is this something that John or
>> others on the team (Vincent?) might be able to handle? Murray, any
>> comments or words of wisdom on the topic? (Maybe even something we
>> somehow try to figure out how to delegate to the community?)
> I could take over this stuff. I've tried to push the community to
> developing using the bindings more and more so it is something near and
> dear to my heart. Murray, if you have any words of wisdom that would be
Not really. I've mostly exhausted my efforts to get new bindings projects
on board for now, but it looks like the Ruby bindings might be mature
enough soon. And I guess that Gtk# will eventually settle down enough that
they can easily track the latest GNOME Platform.
It's a good idea to be on the language-bindings list to keep people
informed. These projects tend to be a little less deeply involved in the
whole release process, so they need a few extra reminders now and then.
But they've done an incredible job so far of adapting to our constraints.
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev