GNOME Productivity release set

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 14:52 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
> HI Vincent,
>            You can include AbiWord-2.3.1 as the inaugrial package of the
> gnome-productivity collection in this release.

When we discussed this new release set in the board meeting, there was
some fear that, even without the initial proposal's references to
OpenOffice, this might not be as inclusive as we like to be. I
personally think that we can define it in a way that pleases everybody,
but we need to show that we can do that.

So I think this release set should not be an official part of GNOME
2.12. But if it works outside of GNOME 2.12 (as Platform Bindings did at
first), without controversy, then I think we'll have shown that it can
become official for 2.13/2.14, 6 months from now. I think that means
just listing them on separate wiki pages and linking to them as
"associated projects on the same schedule".

At the very least, we need some text to define what this release set is,
such as we have for the existing 3 sets here:
http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/tasks.html
And any special guidelines, such as these for Platform Bindings:
http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/bindings/rules.html

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com