Re: Assigned responsibilites, again

Hi,

On Wed, June 8, 2005 14:29, Murray Cumming said:
> In the past [1] we talked about assigning responsibilities to individual
> release-team members, while still expecting consultation and
> representation. These tasks would be assigned at the start of every 6-
> month cycle.
>
> This would mean, for instance, that the following things would be more
> likely to be done without big delays:
> - Publish the schedule
> - Announce schedule events, such as tarballs due, feature freeze, or
> code freeze.
> - Officially announce the list of new modules.
>
> When I last proposed that we actually do this, Jeff said he didn't want
> to assign these tasks until shortly before they were due. That has
> clearly also failed as a strategy, so could we please give this a try?

I'm a bit new here so feel free to tell me I'm just wrong :-)

I believe there are some release engineering tasks that are important
and that we should not miss - e.g., tarballs due, freezes, but also
patch nagging, UI review, etc.

These tasks are best handled when responsabilities are assigned. If
there's nobody in charge of sending weekly patch nag mails, it's quite
possible that nobody will send it.

So, basically, I'm in favor for assigning some responsabilities to some
people (in the release team or not).