Re: ERROR:root:Requiring namespace 'Gtk' version '2.0', but '3.0' is already loaded

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Robert Park <rbpark exolucere ca> wrote:
> I installed virt-manager and installed Fedora 14 into a qemu-kvm
> session no problems, and I'm upgrading it to rawhide as we speak.

Got rawhide running. It seems pretty broken, but I'm not sure if
that's just normal for rawhide or if there's something above and
beyond broken about my installation. Nautilus is failing to do
anything useful with the root window (no wallpaper, icons, or context
menu), GTK is using the ugliest possible theme and
System->Preferences->Appearance is missing so I can't change it.

I tried installing the binary nvidia drivers for my video card, but
the version in rpmfusion-rawhide required kernel 2.6.35.6-39 whereas
rawhide provided me with kernel 2.6.35.6-45, *sigh*. I guess I could
downgrade my kernel, but I've got an ATI card on order that has good
support for the free drivers, so I guess I'll just wait until I get
that installed before I'll be actually capable of doing any kind of
useful development of my app.

$ python
Python 2.7 (r27:82500, Sep 29 2010, 23:01:31)
>>> from gi.repository import Gtk
Gtk.require_version('2.0')

Whaddya know! Thanks J5!

--