Re: Planner-list Incredibly slow startup and errors when running planner as an X client across network

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 11:02:29AM +0000, Chris G wrote:
> I'm running planner as an X client process on a remote (well, not very
> remote, but it's across the LAN) computer using my desktop machine as
> the X server.  I.e. an absolutely standard client/server X setup.

[snip details]

> So, to the point, what's wrong and how do I fix it?  The X server
> system has been rebooted without changing the symbptoms.  I'll go and
> try rebooting the system where planner is running (i.e. the X client)
> but I somehow doubt that's going to have much effect.  I'll report
> back to this thread if it changes or fixes anything.

After quite a bit of hunting around with Google etc. I've found the
answer, I need to launch planner as follows:-

    dbus-launch planner

This gets planner to connect to dbus on my desktop instead of
attempting it on the remote system.

--
Chris Green